Borderline Personality Disorder Support
BPD Support Group is a DBT orientated peer group for people with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). The group centres on issues, discussion, education and peer support in a safe, non-judgemental and compassionate environment by providing new learning opportunities, sharing mutual support and understanding. The sessions are to help you cope and live with BPD, feel the relief with people who understand.
The group will be a strong support network where we can:
- Promote recovery and healthy copingstrategies
- Connect with people with similar experiences to feel less misunderstood andisolated
- Express ourselves honestly, without fear of judgement, in a safe and open environment of trust, understanding andacceptance
- Discuss our experiences and coping strategies and help eachother
- Build confidence, self-respect and a sense of identity and purpose
- Learn more about BPD and how each symptom affects us individually
- Improve communication and interpersonal skills and use these skills to build better relationships with otherpeople
- Work on replacing destructive behaviours and self-sabotage with constructive and healing behaviours
- Work on transforming the chaos, instability and extremes of BPD into peace, stability and balance 10.Support each other in finding the path from feeling trapped, empty, dissatisfied and suicidal to feeling free, fulfilled, satisfied and happy
Inclusion Guidelines: Persons considered ready for this group, would be those who have a diagnosis of BPD and have engaged in therapy and or DBT skills training for a minimum period of 4 months. This group is not a replacement for your skills training or formal therapy. It is a support group, where people with differing levels of experience and knowledge about their condition can help, support and guide each other, with the assistance of the group facilitators.
30th January, 13th February, 27th February, 12th March, 26th March, 9th April, 23rd April, 7th May, 21st May, 4th June, 18th June, 2nd July, 16th July, 30th July, 13th August, 27th August, 10th September, 24th September, 8th October, 22nd October, 5th November, 19th November.
Cost: R400.00 per individual per group, payable in cash
Venue: Meadowridge Library, 30 Howard Dr, Meadowridge. Coffee and tea areprovided.
Facilitated by:Mark de la Rey: B.Soc.Sci (Hons) Psychology (Rhodes), M.A. Clinical Psychology (P.U.K.) Jonathan Mitchell: BA (HSS) (Psych) (UNISA) DBT skills trainer and counsellor